Whether it is your furry friends that lie down all day on your precious rugs or any spilled food, a stained carpet is a real mood spoiler. Not to mention that it can easily meddle with the decor of your house. Washable carpets are available in the market, however, washable and stain-resistant rugs are a bit high-end and not very pocket-friendly.
There have been several age-old traditional methods passed down generations at stretch to deal with rigid stains of rugs and carpets. So, here is a quick look-through at some of the most effective ones:
- Tips to remove basic stains: Regular food stains can be easily cleaned with mild detergents. Apply some of it on the spot and blot the area with paper towels. Always rinse the spot with cold water.
- Tips to handle wine stains: Spilled wine stains on your carpet are a huge concern. It requires immediate action so that the stain doesn’t dry up and increases our work. Table salt is a quick remedy to treat wine stains. For best results, soak the spot overnight if possible. Finally use a vacuum cleaner to dry the place.
- Tips to handle stains from pet accidents: In case you don’t have a pet-friendly rug, you need to deal with the pet stain and stench before they dry out. The best way is to soak the area with paper towels and absorb the litter. You can also create and use homemade mixtures with detergents and water to wipe out the stains. Finally, dry the spot with a vacuum or paper towels.
- Tips to handle coffee or tea stains: Coffee or tea stains are very common in carpets that are used regularly. The patches that occur due to coffee stains look unwelcoming. Soak the spilled beverage with a dry cloth or paper towel. Spray a mixture of vinegar water and detergent on the spot. Soak it for some hours and finally rinse it with cold water and pat them dry.
- Tips to handle ink stains: Ink stains can be really tough to get rid of and it might give you a feel that your favorite carpet has gone down the drain but some easy techniques can help you remove them. Any cleaning agent with high alcohol content can help you remove tough ink stains. Apply the cleaning agent but do not scrub them as it can spread the ink more. Let it sit for a few minutes then soak the excess moisture.
- Tips to handle greasy stains: Greasy stains are a real challenge to remove. But there is a great trick. Apply some shaving cream on the spot after soaking the area with some water. Then gently clean the area with a damp cloth.
- Tips to handle bloodstains: Bloodstains can occur on your rug due to papercuts, knife mishaps, or other injuries. Dried-up bloodstains can be hard to remove so it is better to act early. Sprinkle a mixture of detergent and water and use cold water to prevent the spread of the stain. Dry the area with a paper towel or vacuum.
These methods are efficient enough to deal with harsh stains. If these techniques don’t work, it’s time that you need a new carpet. Old stains are often irreparable and don’t go away easily.
Although we have mentioned a few ways in which you can remove different kinds of stains from your rugs, it is suggested that you take the help of professional services like The Rug House in Katy, TX. More so because an expert cleaning can never replace what we do at our homes. The team at Rug House are well-trained rug professionals who have been in this business for quite some time and are the very best at what they do. You can also schedule a consultation and then check out what fits your needs the best!