When it comes to silk rugs, cleanliness and knowing how to maintain it are what most rug owners have to know.
Most silk rugs have that tendency to stain your room with a bit of an accent that can tell an enchanting story using only its hues and patterns. It’s a beautiful thing, and this is why silk rugs are slowly making a comeback as one of the most purchased rugs in recent years.
Although, how do you usually clean your silk rugs?
Here at The House of Rugs, we’ve had years of experience when it comes to handling various types of rugs. This is why we want to let you in on a little secret.
So here are the do’s and don’ts when cleaning your silk rugs in Houston and the Woodlands, Texas:
- Regularly vacuum your silk rugs, and make sure to use a brushless suction head.
- Sweep your silk rugs with a broom, but make sure to do it gently to avoid damaging your silk rugs’ fibers.
- If there’s a spillage in your silk rugs, make sure to slowly lift them and wipe them, so they don’t cling to your rugs’ natural colors.
- Never use any type of enzymatic cleaners because they will largely break down the silk fibers in your rugs.
- Avoid soaking your rugs in any cleaning solution because this may cause the colors to run together and ultimately ruin your rugs’ design and pattern.
- Try not to place your silk rugs in a place that’s too heated because silk has the sensitivity to shrink and dull when exposed to heat.
Here at The House of Rugs, we want you to know how to properly care for your silk rugs. This is why it’s important to understand these do’s and don’ts to ensure that your silk rugs are always in their best shape.
If you have any questions about rugs, don’t hesitate to give us a call at The House of Rugs.
We provide our services to clients around Houston and the Woodlands, Texas.
So what are you waiting for?
Visit us today!