Most people seem obsessed with cleanliness which in fact, contributes a great deal to hygiene and the health of the environment and people. However, this obsession is often limited to only certain, selected corners of our homes. For instance, without an ounce of doubt, we have all ensured to keep dust-free from the furniture, closets, and other similar spaces; moped the floors breeding with germs, washed clothes and dried them; uncluttered several cupboards and crapped spaces; emptied those trash bins and many more.
Sadly, there still remain certain corners of our homes that are untouched, untidy, and simultaneously as well as surprisingly, unattended. The three primary methods of dealing with such spaces include:
- Cleaning dirt and dust from the surface level.
- Sanitizing decreases the level of bacteria to a protected one.
- Disinfecting 99.99 percentage of viruses and bacteria from the product label.
- Toothbrushes: are used for brushing which in the process, harbors a lot of food particles and germs that need to be thoroughly removed.
The disinfection should be done by soaking the toothbrush in 3% hydrogen peroxide for three minutes and then rinsing. They must be necessarily replaced by a new one every two weeks and more frequently, if sick.
- Even if covered, pillows tend to capture a lot of dust and dead skin, hence, should be washed thoroughly by following instructions on its labels.
- Switches, handles of furniture, knobs should be sanitized every alternate day, if not every day, because that’s the first thing that everyone touches whenever they enter their homes.
- Electronic devices, unbeknownst to us, harbor a lot of dust particles and germs that need to be cleaned regularly with a disinfectant.
- When it comes to kitchen countertops, it’s a good idea to use a soap and water based liquid to wipe the surface before spraying it with disinfectants.
- When it comes to your cleaning tools, you must soak them in a soap and water wash for at least a few hours, before taking them out and rinsing thoroughly.
- The same goes for your make-up tools and brushes.
- Rugs need to be vacuumed daily and cleaned professionally at least once a year by experts such as the Rug House in Katy, TX for they serve to attract all germs, weather from dirty shoes, food bits, spills, and more.